Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Target Coupons

I did a little ground work with Target this morning. You all are probably going to read this and think I am crazy. I want to continue using coupons at Target and not have problems every time I go so hopefully I can help fix this problem there. I called Target corporate this morning and asked them the policy for a Target coupon that won't scan. They said that the cashier needs to try and enter the coupon manually. My cashier yesterday would not do that and handed me the coupon back and was not happy when I told her I didn't want the items if I could not use the coupon. I was pleasant and did not make a fuss which is really what you have to do when it doesn't work out with your coupons.

After talking to the corporate office this morning I called our Menifee Target and talked to the manager. I told him that I had come up again argument almost everytime I tried to use a Target coupon and a Manufacturer's coupon for one item at his store. I told him that I had emailed Target and have the policy in writing and that I had spoken with them today and that this policy is indeed real. He said that he did not know you could do this and that he would check into it as well and try and make sure the cashier's know this. I then told him that my cashier yesterday would not manually enter my Target coupon and he told me that they are supposed to do it this way if they will not scan. He said he would try and fix these situations. Hopefully these phone calls will help us out with the cashier's a little bit. Maybe I am the only one trying to do this there, but hopefully if you are trying without success also this will help. It seems like no big deal until you are standing in line with a cashier who doesn't know the rules and fighting with 3 kids at the same time :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Sorry about the delay in responding to your comment regarding the Vons Mix and Match! Have all of your coupons on hand, and make sure to look for the Mix and Match tags! If you look online you will see the tag to look for in their weekly ad! They rarely list ALL participating items, you just have to search for them. In my experience with Mix and Match at Vons, there is no limit to how many items... so if you purchase only 5 in 1 transaction you will save the $5. If you buy 15 in 1 transaction you will save $5 three times ($15) However, as always, check with your local store, as I've found each city differs.... Hope that helps!
    Rachael @ Frugal Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been receiving emails or comments from readers who are having problems with coupons at Target? I just posted a detailed post about it, complete with a link to an email response and coupon policy from Target Corporate that people can print out to have with them, and details from a lengthy phone conversation I had with Target Guest Relations today. Perhaps it can helps some way, some how.
    Rachael @ Frugal Mommy
    http://frugalsocalmommy.blogspot.com/2009/05/problems-at-target.html

    ReplyDelete