Friday, April 17, 2009

Rite Aid

Rite Aid


Well, I definitely have to thank Ambrea for giving us the heads up on the prescription transfer at Rite Aid. I have had nothing but problems with the Savon pharmacy at Albertsons by us since we started. I have several stories. So I was more than happy to make a little drive to Rite Aid. I took my prescriptions to be transferred on Wednesday and she said she didn't think the process would be done until 5 p.m. So we went back Thursday. The same lady was there and was very kind. I gave her my coupons for the $25.00 gift card. I had to do 3 separate transactions in order to get the gift cards. My copay is $5 so I paid $15.00, got my prescriptions and $75.00 in gift cards to Rite Aid. I was SO thrilled. It's not often that I get "luxury" items anymore or just things I want to try out. I felt like with free money I could get a few of these items that I just plain "want." This is the great thing about working hard at this couponing, once in awhile the mom can get something she has been wanting. I would NEVER spend $14.00 on that scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner. I would rather scrub the old fashioned way than spend that much. But, if it's $2.99 and free on my gift card I can try it. It's also been a long time since I have been able to buy the Air Wick Oils. They were 2/$5 - my $1 mc and free on my Gift card. I have also been wanting some new makeup. Almay was Buy one get one 50% off so it was a total of $11.23-$2 Rebate=$9.23 for eyeliner and shadow.

So this is what I got and how much it cost:

Scrubbing Bubbles Shower Cleaner:
$12.99-$7 printable http://www.rightathome.com/offers/200902-sb/Default.aspx?email=#top
-$3 SCR=$2.99

Air Wick Refill Oils
2/$5-$1 MC from paper=$4.00

Shout
(2) $1.99-(2) $1 MC=$1.98

Kotex
(4) .99 (4) $.75 MC=$.96

Angel Soft 4 packs
$.88 each=$3.52

Swiffer Dry Cloths
$3.99-$2 SCR=$1.99

Soft Soaps
(2) $.99 (2) $.50 MC=$.98

Almay
Eye Shadow $7.49
Eye Liner $3.74
-$2 SCR=$9.23

Rite Aid Acetaminophen $.99

I also got 4 nail polish at $1.79 for the Achievement Day activity yesterday.

Important Note: I separated this stuff into two purchases so I could use (2) $5 off $25.00 coupons found here. http://www.nba.com/media/cavaliers/riteaid_coupon_3.pdf
This one scanned, but another one I had did not. The manager had to come over for the one that would not scan to approve the cashier entering it it. He said their policy is that if it does not scan they will not take it. He got so frustrated with it not scanning that he went ahead and took it though. I guess it just depends on who you get.


Total purchase: $60.40 (including tax)
Total after coupons $34.60
Total after rebates $27.60

Rebate checks coming back=$7.00

Total OOP (out of pocket)=$15.00 for prescriptions-$7 rebates=$8

Total left on Gift Cards=$40.40

I think this is the best I have ever done and I finally got some WANTS for ME out of the deal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment