Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Welcome Ephrata Readers

I spoke to the ladies of my parent's church ward tonight and their Enrichment meeting about couponing. They had asked me to speak for 15 minutes and I didn't want to overwhelm them. It turned out that they seem to be really interested and asked a lot of great questions. It was so fun to talk to a group that really wants to start couponing. A lot of times I feel the empty stares and get the "you're crazy" look. I gave them our blog address and want to welcome them!!
For those of you who attended the meeting tonight I realized that I forgot to mention a very important thing. I thought it would be ok to put it on our blog because it is a good reminder to our other readers. In order to stockpile you are going to need several Sunday papers (or in the case of the gals tonight their Saturday paper, that's right they get all of their inserts on Saturday, so LUCKY!). You can either buy them at the newsstand or have them delivered. Some of the gals in Idaho and Utah order 4-6 Sunday papers to be delivered and get a significant price break. (They pay as little as 60 cents for each paper.) They work it out with their local papers. http://www.athriftymom.com/ is a great example of how to do this. If you look on the right hand side of her blog I believe she has a section that talks about how she does this. I have tried to do this in California and my paper will not do this. They tell me that I have to pay full price for each subscription ordered. For those of you that I talked to tonight it might be worth it just to try it with The Wenatchee World and see if they will work out a deal with you. I would suggest couponing for a few weeks first in order to see if it is for you and then maybe do the multiple paper thing. Even if you end up paying full price for 4-6 papers weekly it is worth it because you save so much money with the coupons that you get. You will pay for that weeks worth of papers in your first transaction of the week with what you end up saving. Also VERY IMPORTANT, there are no inserts on the big weekend holidays. I know that Memorial Weekend we did not ge any. I am not sure how many weekends we don't get them, but if you go to http://www.southernsavers.com/ and click on her inserts tab she tells you what inserts to expect in your weekend paper. That is an excellent source to check before you buy your papers. This way you will know what you are looking for and if it is a weekend without inserts you won't want to go buy a bunch of papers.
Anyway, I just wanted to mention all of this to those of you who were there tonight because it's a very important part of building your stockpile. Happy Shopping-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment