Thursday, June 4, 2009

Walgreens Run

Well, I had my first official Walgreens "problem" today. It was nothing like what others on blogs have described, but I was glad that I was prepared with politeness and a smile for it. I was using the $2.25 Ecotrin aspirin coupon for the box that is on sale for $2. In the past when I have done this deal the managers tell the cashier that they are allowed to adjust the coupon down to $2. The girl told me she couldn't do that and I told her that if she asked a manager that they would confirm what I was saying. She said we just can't do it because then it would mean you would be getting everything for free (with a loud gasp at the end of her sentence.) Now, inner high school me was shouting "Yeah, duh that's the point!!" Polite couponing me smiled and said yes, that is how it will work out, but I will still have to pay the tax in the end. She picked up the phone and asked the manager who of course told her that she was to adjust the coupon down to $2. She did it and it worked out without any hard feelings. She was about 20 years old and I am sure she probably just didn't want to get into trouble. With this economy I am sure people are worried that if they make serious mistakes they could lose their job so I don't blame her for being cautious. Stand your ground and be polite and it most likely will work out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment