Monday, November 16, 2009

Ordering Multiple Newspapers

I think I FINALLY might have multiple papers delivered to my door on Sundays. LA times called me to see if I would give them another chance (my delivery person was not delivering half the time). I told them if I could get 4 papers on Sundays then I would. The man told me I needed to get my paper the first week and then call and order the other 3 that I want. Why 3? Because when items go on sale then you will have more coupons and you can stock up at rock bottom prices.
I called this morning and told circulation what I wanted and they put me through to "specialty ordering." She added 3 papers to my Sunday delivery. I am nervous, we will see what happens. If my delivery person was having difficulty delivering 1 I bet 4 will completely confuse them. I will let you know how it works out.
The LA times was $39.00 a year making it $.75 a week. This is a great deal because you pay $1.50 at the newstand. I was paying $24.00 a month just on the times going to the newsstand. It was still worth it because I am saving a bundle the way I shop, but by ordering multiples to my door I will cut that in half. So yes, upfront I will pay $156.00 for the year, but in cutting my "paper bill" in half and saving what I do every time I go shopping it will be well worth it.
Why the LA times instead of the Press? There are always a few more high value coupons in LA than the Press. Yes, the coupon booklets look the same, but there are differences. A good example is the Welch's $1.50 off coupon in the Times. It was not in the Press this week. The bummer about the Times is that you do not receive most of the ads such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Walgreens, etc. So if you want to price match you have to go to the store and grab their ad for the week. They also do not carry Michael's and Joanns coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment